Friday, July 12, 2013

Tune in to Technology

I have decided to join my first linky!!!!! I am very excited to join Tune into Technology with iTeach 1:1 and Learning to the Core.


      

I go absolutely nuts for ways to incorporate technology in my class.  One of my favorite and pretty simple ways to bring technology into the classroom is an app that I bought for my iPad called Air Sketch. This app has to be installed on both your computer and iPad.

I like to use this app when I am working examples for my class or working problems with them. Being a big guy, it can be difficult for the kids to see when I work on the board. This app allows me to stand in the back of the room to work the problems so that I'm out of the way. The kids are also mesmerized for some reason, which helps them to stay engaged. It also allows me to monitor how everyone is working while I work the sample problems with them, as I walk around the room. 

I also like that I can take a picture of a problem and import it to the app and write over it so that I can model the problem solving process for the class with out having to write the problem over and over through out the day. 
 
 
 

I used this app all year and it really made a difference. My principal really liked it when I used it during my formal observation. The one catch is that in order to work you have to have your iPad and computer logged into the same wifi network.
To display the image on your computer you will need to touch the wifi symbol in the bottom left corner.
 
 
 
A menu will appear that gives you a web address.  Type the web address into your Internet browser and it will take you to the website. 
 
 

Now as you write on the iPad the same thing will show in on your computer screen the information will appear on your computer as well.  Just connect your computer to a projector and your are ready to go. 

You can also use this as a makeshift interactive white board, letting the kids write on the iPad to demonstrate how to solve problems. 

I hope you and your class enjoy this app as much as my class and I do. It is inexpensive and very useful. 









1 comment:

  1. I haven't heard of this app but it looks great. I like the idea of kids demonstrating solving problems using it. Thanks for linking up with us.

    Kristin
    iTeach 1:1

    ReplyDelete