Monday, July 15, 2013

Manic Monday Linky Link Up

I am linking up with Classroom Freebies for their Manic Monday Linky. 



This is a place value war game that I have my kids play during the first days of our place value unit, and then I spiral it back around every so often just to keep it fresh for them.  I like to play using UNO cards, because the numbers are so big, but any kind of cards will do.  You just have to be sure that you assign a card to be 0, since no deck of cards has a 0.

Below you will find the link to the score card and instructions for the game.  I formatted them so that you will have two per page so that you can save paper.  It is a really simple game that the kids love to play.

I couldn't figure out how to include a picture of the file, but I did include a link.

Enjoy!!

Instructions

http://sdrv.ms/16F4NHk

Score Card

http://sdrv.ms/16F4Uml


Classroom Freebies Manic Monday

2 comments:

  1. This is such a great game. My students struggle with place value at the beginning of the year. I am definitely going to buy some UNO cards and play this. Thank you for the freebie from Manic Monday.
    Darleen
    Third Grade Love

    ReplyDelete
  2. We play a version of this in our fifth grade class, too. I buy my cards from Boxcars and One-Eyed Jacks (http://www.boxcarsandoneeyedjacks.com/). Their decks of cards have 0s (and 11s, 12s, and 1s) in them and are a little smaller, which makes them easier for students to hold. I also bought the big deck for demonstration purposes. I LOVE LOVE LOVE this company and can't recommend them enough. I've been to several of their workshops and their materials are super!

    ReplyDelete